HOME ABOUT EVENTS GALLERY GAZETTE LINKS CONTACT
Kinmount Baptist Church
The First services, of Baptist worship at Kinmount were held in 1877. One year later, with a congregation of 48 members, a church was built at the corner of Crego and Dickson
St. In 1912, the congregation had dwindled so greatly they could no longer maintain a minister. In 1919, the congregation was dissolved and the church sold to the MasonicOrder. In 1933, Rev. Gillian of Bobcaygeon began holding services again in Kinmount and members of the local congregation reorganized to purchase a lot and built a new church which officially opened June 22, 1936. This building still stands, located on Dickson St., north of the present Community Centre. It is now a private home. In 1993, the Baptist congregation purchased the former
Public School which was renovated and reopened to hold services by September 1993.
Hwy 45 West
Kinmount, ON K0M 2A0