HOME ABOUT EVENTS GALLERY GAZETTE LINKS CONTACT
St. Patrick's Catholic Church
The Catholic community of the Kinmount area was first served by visiting priests from outlying communities such as Downeyville and later
Falls. Prior to the construction of a church, masses were held in the old log school house, S.S. No. 4, in
Galway , just south of the town. The first church, The Immaculate Conception, was built in 1882 by the men of the congregation and located in
Galway . In 1901, a house was built across the road from the church by Father M.J. O'Leary who moved the parish headquarters from
Falls to Galway where he took up residence. In 1910, the red brick church on the hill was built under the new priest, Fr. Galvin, to service the growing Catholic community in Kinmount. Two years later, a rectory was completed next to the church.
Galway's congregation joined Kinmount when the Immaculate Conception Church burnt on Easter Sunday, 1930.
St. Patrick's celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2010.
Country Road 121,
Kinmount, ON K0M 2A0